To help increase public confidence and reassure people who are feeling uncertain about the COVID-19 vaccine, Ariadne Labs created the COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence Toolkit. These tools support health care providers and teams when having conversations with patients who express concern or have questions about being vaccinated.
Getting the COVID-19 vaccine will help protect you, your family and community by stopping the spread of the virus. It will help us get back to activities like family gatherings and travel.
Download the COVID-19 Vaccine Handout to learn about the safety of the vaccines.
For Health Care Providers & Teams
Download the COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence Toolkit, which contains:
- Best practices for having vaccination conversations
- A step-by-step COVID-19 Vaccine Conversation Guide
- Suggested language for responding to patient questions
- A patient-oriented COVID-19 Vaccine Handout that addresses the most common concerns about the vaccine
External Resources for Providers
Communication Tips and Tricks
- Conversation Guide to Improve COVID 19 Vaccine Uptake: Excellent companion to this guide by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement with helpful suggestions to facilitate conversations about COVID-19 vaccination (available with free registration).
- Communication Skills for Talking About COVID-19 Vaccines: The Center to Advance Palliative Care published this resource which introduces key communication skills with sample language surrounding the vaccine.
General Facts and Statistics
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions: The CDC has created a webpage outlining some of patients’ most common questions and helpful tips for responding.
- AAFP COVID-19 Resources: American Academy of Family Physicians manages an frequently updated resource with the latest news, fact sheets, and vaccine availability.
- Covid Collaborative “It’s Up to You” Campaign: Easy access to common questions and a vaccine finder platform produced alongside the Ad Council and CDC.
Equity and Access
- KFF “Greater than COVID” Campaign: Thorough website by the Kaiser Family Foundation focused on information sharing for Black patients through media with additional links to general vaccine information, locations, and commonly asked questions.
- DHHS “We Can Do This” Campaign: From the Department of Health and Human Services, an information dissemination campaign aimed at providing underserved communities with resources based on the target community (e.g. patients from minoritized races, rural patients, faith-based groups, etc). Resources are filterable by language, topic area, and format.
- NIH Resources to Share: From the National Institutes of Health, filterable multilingual resources including handouts, infographics, videos, and fact sheets across COVID-19 related topics for public display or individual dissemination.
- FDA Multilingual COVID-19 Resources: Vaccine-specific (Moderna, J&J, and Pfizer) fact sheets from the Food & Drug Administration translated into multiple languages along with communication tips focused on populations with limited English proficiency.