Dr. Asaf Bitton joined the Alliance for Health Policy’s webinar on May 20, 2020 to discuss the changes in primary care that have come and will come about because of the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Primary care providers and other ambulatory care services have played a key role in the COVID-19 pandemic by treating patients at home to ease the burden on hospitals. But the pandemic has disrupted access to these providers. While many are using telehealth to reach patients, visits to outpatient care providers have fallen dramatically. This reduction has created new financial challenges for providers and disrupted care for patients. During this webinar, panelists will discuss how ambulatory care providers have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and outline policy levers to bolster our nation’s primary care infrastructure.
- Asaf Bitton, M.D., MPH, Executive Director, Ariadne Labs
- Sean Cavanaugh, MPH, Chief Administrative Officer, Aledade Inc.
- Caroline DeFilippo, M.D., MPH, FACP, Assistant Medical Director, CareMount Medical
- Eric C. Schneider, M.D., M.Sc., Senior Vice President for Policy and Research, The Commonwealth Fund
- Sarah J. Dash, MPH, President and CEO, Alliance for Health Policy (moderator)